Commitment to Training
We take pride in best practice training of each member of our team.
- Dementia Care from Laura Wayman, internationally recognized dementia care expert and author. Dementia Aware Safe Space Trained
- MoCA Cognitive Assessment Test trained to provide screening for Dementia
- Caregiver’s Kitchen, training on basic cooking skills and cooking for special dietary needs or chronic conditions
- Geriatric Care, through corporate partnership with Aging Life Care Association
- First Aid, CPR, Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
While our training is not limited to areas listed above and below, some experts we rely on include:
American Heart Association
Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED is a video-based, instructor-led course that teaches us critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency until emergency medical services arrive. Skills include first aid; choking relief in adults, children, and infants; and what to do for sudden cardiac arrest in adults, children, and infants.
Caregivers learn practical knowledge and cooking skills through these courses, and earn an eCertificate of Training for successfully completing each course. Caregivers learn specific cooking skills for conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Celiac Disease and food allergies, Diabetes, Cardiovascular, and COPD.
Caring for seniors and those requiring post-acute care services demands ongoing communication and constant monitoring to proactively identify and treat symptoms early. Relias training provides our employees with analytics, targeted training, best practices, and resources.